Well now the dust from the restricted and tirals has settled, the selection committee has sat down over a few meetings and done the difficult job of trying to select teams. We have done this on a number of criteria:
- County performances from previous seasons;
- Results at the restricted;
- Results in other competitive events (leagues and tournaments);
- Potential for improvement;
- Discipline strength (given the format of the current county Competition);
- Commitment to the county.
We have been exceptionally lucky to be able to field some very strong teams this year and are hoping that we can fight for promotion in all 3 divisions.
Dates for your diary:
- 11th November: county match;
- 25th November: county teams social;
- 27th January: county match;
- 24th/25th March: county matches.
Below are the players selected for each county team this season. Please be aware that 1 man can now play in all 3 disciplines in a single match and so some players may play all 3, whilst others may only play 1.
- 2017/18 Ladies: Jenny Crump, Sara Cunnington, Hannah Sharman, Nat Taylor (C)
- 2017/18 Men: Andrew Kidger, Min Dabasinskas, Joe Pickering Sam Scharf, Martin Crossley
- 2017/18 Ladies: Olga Chernysheva, Alison Reed, Alison Meijers, Adele Woodhams, Jess Sharman
- 2017/18 Men: Dan Bates (c), Stephen Pickering, Neil Place, Simon Parker, Chris Tustian,
- 2017/18 Ladies: Kerry Kellett (c), Chanumi Gamage, Steph Jong, Vicky Norris, Hannah Robertshaw
- 2017/18 Men: Jack Curtis, Chris Clarke, Michael Duncan, Mike Parker, Alex Wilson
Ruth le Fevre, Jude Ashman, Liz salmon, James wilson, Abu Kaher, Sanjeev Balasuthenthirarajan, Bertrand Bonnet-Badillé
Reserves are also pulled from a wide variety of players and may change over the season.
Congratulations to all that made it, and best of luck with the season!
The Selection Committee